Get an up-close look at Colombia’s famous coffee industry and the colonial-era town of Guatape during this 9-hour private tour. Travel into the Andes Mountains to visit a coffee villa and plantation, getting an in-depth introduction to the coffee cultivation and production process. During the excursion, you’ll also stop by a scenic waterfall and enjoy a guided visit in Guatape.
Receive a morning pickup from your Medellin hotel and travel for two hours aboard a private vehicle to the coffee villa. Prior to embarking on our journey, guests will get a taste of the best single origin coffee in Medellin with a touch of art at the Avoeden Cafe in El Poblado. The coffee here is insanely delicious, a perfect way to gear up for the road ahead.
You’ll proceed to an organic coffee villa nestled in the Andes Mountains. Stop and breathe in the heady aromas of the villa’s aromatic coffee trees, following your expert coffee guide as they lead you on a tour of the coffee cultivation and production process. During your visit, you’ll also get to enjoy the great views from the villa’s terrace and take a hike on some of the area trails leading to “El Penol” rock.
Take a break mid-day for an included lunch of traditional “paisa” dishes at an eatery set along the edge of the lake that borders Guatape. Following your meal, you’ll enjoy a guided tour of town, exploring the town’s churches, charming shops, eateries, and colonial-style residences. After your Guatape visit, receive a ride back to your hotel in Medellin, where you’ll arrive around 5pm.
Your lodging in Medellín
Return to your lodging in Medellin
What’s Included / Not Included
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Professional guide
- Coffee tasting
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (recommended)
Our Cancellation Policy
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
What To Bring
- Copy of your ID
- Light sweater (on rainy season)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking.
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide.
- Due to the nature of this tour and the safety of all guests, the tour operator reserves the right to refuse service to passengers who are intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- Dress code is smart casual.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- A maximum of 14 people per booking.