Get an insider’s look at the life of notorious drug kingpin Pablo Escobar during this 4- to 5-hour private excursion in Medellin. Learn the true stories behind this mythical figure from a local expert, visiting key locations like ruins of Monaco Building where the war with the Cali and Medellin cartels started, the house where he was murdered on the roof, and the cemetery where he’s buried, plus much more.
Choose between a morning or afternoon start time and then receive a pickup by private vehicle from your Medellin hotel. You’ll spend the next several hours traveling on an “emotional rollercoaster” through the highs and lows of the life of Pablo Escobar, learning the inside details a guide who specializes in Escobar history.
Coffee lovers that are staying in the El Poblado sector of Medellin, can ask their tour guide to take them to the Avoeden Cafe, to experience the best single origin coffee in Medellin with a touch of art. The coffee here is insanely delicious, a perfect way to gear up for the road ahead.
During the course of your trip, you’ll visit the locations and monuments that played the most important roles in the life of this infamous Colombian kingpin. Stop by the ruins of Monaco Building, a structure that’s known as ground zero for the start of the war between Pablo’s Medellin Cartel and the rival Cali Cartel. Then check out a church used by Escobar and his men to obtain “blessings” for bullets they planned to use in hits, and enjoy a snack at one of Escobar’s favorite eateries.
You’ll also see the house where Escobar was finally murdered by the authorities, and the cemetery on the outskirts of town which houses his remains. For those guests looking to add a little extra to their Escobar excursion, an optional upgrade is available which visits “La Catedral” a hybrid “jail” and vacation complex where Pablo negotiated with the Colombian government to stay in order to avoid prison. At the end of your trip you’ll be transported back to your Medellin hotel.
- We only pick up guests that are staying in El Poblado and Laureles sectors in Medellin.
- If you are staying in another sector in Medellin or in another county such as Envigado, you need to call us so we can give you a meeting point.
0900 or 1330
3 to 5 hours.
Drop off at original departure point in El Poblado or Laureles in Medellin only.
What’s Included / Not Included
Our Cancellation Policy
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
What To Bring
- Copy of your ID
- Jacket (only on rainy season)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
- Please note that the tour’s duration can be anywhere from 3 to 5 hours depending on traffic, climate conditions, and whether you annexed the La Catedral upgrade option. We cover all points included in the description regardless of how long it may take
- Please specify what departure time you prefer: 0900 or 1330.
- Do not come intoxicated or under the influence of any substance, or bring anything illegal in our vehicles. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone under these conditions.
- Provide us with the precise address to your hotel. If you are staying in an apartment, we also need the name of the building.